Tuesday, September 11, 2012

11 Years Ago...

11 years ago, I was in a chemistry class in high school.  It was my freshman year and I remember I sat on a lab stool with my classmates when we heard over the intercom an emergency announcement by our principal.  The announcement was about a situation going on at the World Trade Center in New York City.  Our principal stated he will keep us updated as to the emergency situation.  We were in awe and confused.  I remember I sang to myself in a whispered voice the poem, "America the Beautiful."  I was dumbfounded, but I had hope that the WTC and the people of NY would be okay.

I don't remember anything after chemistry class, but I remember coming home and turning on the television to see the WTC burning on the news channel.  I called my mom to tell her I was home.  By the sound of her voice, she was relieved.  She then asked me what was going on the news channel.  I wasn't able to tell her what was going on so I aimed the phone at the TV set.  Seeing the tragedy and devastation kept me silent.  I thought the entire thing was surreal and unbelievable, but it wasn't.  It was the real thing  My parents and my little brother came home and we all watched the news reel of the "attack."  We were glued on the TV set and saddened of what had happened.  I can't remember anything afterwards, but the sadness I witnessed when I went to school the next day.  I can't remember it in detail, but it was a different atmosphere.  News channels broadcasted the aftermath of the WTC, Pentagon, and Pennsylvania crash for the next few weeks.

What were my thoughts?  I remember saying it could have been prevented and I asked why did this happen.

What did you do?  I don't remember what I did exactly, but I do know I was with my family watching the aftermath at Ground Zero.

Was I angry?  Not until later on who devised the plan.  It was broadcasted on TV who did the attacks.  This gave me thoughts of joining the military to bring justice.

At that time of being a teenager, I was wishing someone with superpowers to come to the rescue and help save the victims and the building.   I even imagined of being the superhero to save the day.  But I know that will never happen.

That was 11 years ago...

Anyways, here's a new upload.  The Weapons of World War 2: 101st Airborne Division (Screaming Eagles).


Remember 9/11...

(Image from Yahoo News:  http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/OOj5rkeP0PqfcTLB5E06Hg--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9aW5zZXQ7aD0xMDI0O3E9ODU7dz0xNTM4/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/Reuters/2012-09-11T163333Z_1060320592_TB3E89B19ZMWK_RTRMADP_3_USA-SEPT11.JPG)

No comments:

Post a Comment